You may just want to wing it and try to figure out how to make a full-time income with blogging. That is what I did! I had no one to help me so I did it the hard way. Taking the next few minutes to read this free blog post will help jump-start your endeavor. This will save you months of time I spent doing it the hard way!
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links that bring you the best prices & I may get a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase. See my disclosure for more info.
So let’s jump in and look at the most important things that will make a world of difference in helping you quickly earn a full-time income with part-time blogging. You will write posts one time, but reap a life-time of income! Passive income is the best income!
Here are the things you need to do:
1. Buy Your domain name to create a full-time income with blogging
There are free blog sites you can use. I started that way. Then I realized for $3 a month I could have complete control over my own blog using a wordpress site and my OWN domain name!
This wa a huge game-changer! This allowed me to control the ads and super-charge my passive income!
When I moved my blog to Bluehost which allowed me to have my own domain name for $3 a month, my passive income changed almost over-night. I had been using a free blog site and got almost no traffic or conversions. It was so frustrating putting all of the work in but with no reward.
This blog post is going to show you how to write a Blog the Smart way! You will write your posts one time and reap a life-time of passive income.
2. Get over your fears and just start blogging
Writing a blog can feel overwhelming. You may feel like you don’t know where to start. Write about things you care about. Maybe you have no idea what to even write about. Don’t make it so complicated. The best blogs are ones written by normal people who have learned something they are willing to share.
Just write the way you speak. It doesn’t need to be fancy. If there isn’t something you know a lot about, just start doing research until there is.
If you like cooking write about that. Are you great at budgeting, sewing, or woodwork? Then you have something to blog about! When you finish this article you will know how to make a full-time income with blogging.
One of the biggest things I learned was how important it is to blog on your own domain name. I got mine set up on Bluehost for $3 a month and that gave me full control of the content. That also allowed me to monetize my blog much sooner!
Read How to Start a Blog to Earn Passive Income for a step-by-step guide on how to set up your self-hosted blog in 15 minutes! For $3 a month it gave me control of what ads I can place on the blog and many more ways to monetize it!
When your blog is self-hosted on Bluehost and you own your domain:
- You will have complete control over your blog.
- You own your blog thus it can’t be deleted by a third-party.
- You will have control over the ads you can put on your website. You will also be able to add cool plugins to help you grow your blog fast!
- You will own your domain name, which means later you can sell it if you choose to do so!
3. Start an Email List for your blog to make a full-time income
I waited way too long to start an email list. Your email list can become one of your greatest assets you own. Having a captive audience allows you to help others and share things you know. Think if every person in the world shared the #1 thing they are great at. We all know something. Share it with the world!
I Starting an email list for free using GetResponse and it was so much easier than I thought it would be! Just find something you are interested in or great at and share a free glimpse with the world. Helping others is fulfilling and builds a community of trust.
Personally, I love being on good email lists. Getting inspiring recipes, financial tips, inspiring quotes, etc just brightens my day and keeps me motivated!
Growing your email list is a great way to increase your followers, interest in your blog, and create a full-time income by helping others achieve their dreams!
Keep at it and before you know it, you will have discovered how to make a full-time income with blogging.
I use GetResponse and have been using it for a long time. They have a free plan to get you started if you are new to blogging and creating an email list!
Little did I know that starting my list early would have helped me make more money and be less stressed.
When I finally jumped in, starting an email list wasn’t nearly as difficult as I thought.
I use Convertkit and have been for many years now. They have a free plan to get you started if you are new to blogging.
Benefits to Creating an Email List for your blog
There are a ton of benefits to putting the work into growing your email list:
- Your email list is an asset. Your email list is a lot different that a social media following. At any moment Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc can just shut your account down. All of your followers disappear. With your email list, it belongs to you! That is a huge difference and it is worth the effort to grow your email list. This allows you to stay in contact with your followers and continue to do what your love!
- Your email list can be a whole separate source of income. When you create a weekly or monthly newletter it allows you to keep your followers up to date. When you put effort into it, then it can be something they look forward to receiving. This gives you an opportunity to share new products and information with them.
- You have a captive audience. When you provide great information that actually helps others move closer to being to their best self they look forward to your next newsletter. If you are great at fitness, cooking, making money, finding peace, or parenting share it with the world! They need your knowledge and look forward to more of it. Make your newletter helpful to others and you will have a captive audience!
- Email opens doors. With GetResponse, You will be able to start your email list for free. You never know who you will connect with through your email list! Making connections with like-minded people can change everything and open doors. You can do collaborations or join in with their social media as a guest speaker. You can develop tools or courses to share with your readers. There are so many possibilities!
4. Add Affiliate Links to Your Blogging
You can create a full-time income with blogging if you do it right. It is not going to happen over-night. It is going to take work up front. But seriously, what else do you have to do while you are just watching TV? Take time out of each week to create posts one time and they will be in Cyberspace earning you passive income the rest of your life!
One of the primary ways you will make money with blogging is through sharing useful information that helps others and includes affiliate links to products you love.
You tell your friends about the latest products you start using at your favorite stores.
Affilate marketing is no different. But the companies actually pay you for doing so.
Most people are thankful for all of your research you are sharing and are happy to say thank you by using your affiliate link. In addition, it doesn’t cost them anything and often gives them the best pricing available.
When you commit to putting the work in up front to write the posts for your blogs, it pays off in the long run. The more posts you have, the more opportunities you have to help others and to make money in the future.
If you have a dream to quit your job and learn how to earn a full-time income blogging, figure out how much you will need to replace your income. Then just get typing! As long as you don’t quit, you will eventually achieve your dream. The only question then becomes how long will it take you. Follow the super-charged methods in this post exactly and you will have a full-time income!
Where can you find affilliate links?
- Go to Clickbanks Once you get there you can create an account and select a user name. Then click on Affiliate Marketplace. You will select a category you are interested in like fitness, cooking, or business. Then change the filter to search by “gravity”. If you find one you like, you can select “Promote” to become an affiliate and get your link.
- Use the Pizza Method to Jump-start Your Affiliate Program to create a full-time income faster
- Search for companies with Affiliate Programs online Most major companies such as Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc all have affiliate program to encourage others to spread the word about their products. Check out this list of top paying affiliate programs. Figuring out how to make a full-time income with blogging is not difficult just follow everything in this post and you will be well on your way!
Read 20 Passive Income Ways to Replace Your Income
How do I add affiliate links to blog posts?
Here is a step-by-step guide to add affiliate links to your blog posts:
- Once you find a product you love, write about it in your blog post. As you discover products or tools you that have helped improve your life, write about them. You will then go to that companies website and search for their affiliate program. Sign up for their affiliate program. They will then provide you with an affiliate link to tell others about their great product. Go back to your blog post. Highlight the title of their product and then right click on that title. You will then see an icon that looks kind of like an open paperclip. Add your affiliate link. Then click on the button that says “open in a new tab.” In addition, make sure you only recommend products or services you have used and like!
How to make a full-time income with blogging
This post has shown you step-by-step the fastest, smartest way for how to make a full-time income with blogging. Making a full-time income only working part-time is life-changing! Finally, work when you want and from wherever you want. Now all you have to do is follow it step by step and don’t quit!